Me,Myself & I

Me,Myself & I

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Victoria and Her Kimono....

I just had done read short story entitled ‘Victoria and Her Kimono’ written by M. Shanmughalingam. This is quite interesting story because the settings take place on the British – Japan era.

I am not going to tell briefly about the synopsis of this story but my focus is to tell about the language that the writer use in this story. I think this story is quite easy to understand because the writer not using the high lexis words. The writer also tries to elaborate more about the term that he uses.

Other than that, the writer also adds their culture style of language. For example, the writer is an Indian, so he adds the simple Indian words in this story. So that, the readers will easy to understand and it make the story more interesting because of many different style of language.

No comments: